Explanations and useful pieces of advice to Hajj pilgrims
"Our Lord! Punish us not if we forget or fall into error” – (Surah:Al-Baqarah,286)
Pilgrims may come across some ambiguous cases during their Hajj. They may fall in some mistakes too. These cases and situations should be dealt with adequately and the appropriate action must be taken to avoid falling into the forbidden and safely accomplish the rites.
In what follows, we will try to explain these cases and offer useful instructions to future pilgrims:
- When you travel to Medina avoid praying to the graves.
- Do not rub graves for Barakah and do not make Du’a to anyone except for Allah the Almighty.
- Considering Ihram do not pass the Meeqat point without being in the state of Ihram. If you pass it you must pay a penalty “Dam”.
- Do not take pictures of yourself when you are in Ihram. You are in the holy sites to worship Allah and taking pictures to show it for others later may contradict your sincere intention of performing Hajj for the sake of Allah.
- Concerning women, they can wear any clothes permissible by Islam and when they pass the Meeqat even during their menses they must enter into a state of Ihram. They should take a bath and do talbiyah like everyone else.
- You do not enter into a state of Ihram by simply wearing the Ihram garments, you must make your intention to Ihram.
- Change your Ihram garments if they get dirty.
- Avoid shaving your beard before, during and after Ihram.
- Do not walk barefoot and wear sandals. If you do not have sandals wear what you have until you find a place to get it.
- Do not wear sewn clothes during Ihram.
- During Tawaf, there is no need to loudly say out your intention to begin Tawaf.
- Touching the black stone is not an obligation for your Tawaf to be accepted. If it is crowded you can face your hand toward the stone and say Allahu Akbar (Allah is great).
- Just touch Yemeni corner and do not kiss it.
- Do not wipe the walls of the ka’bah during your Tawaf. The prophet (peace and blessings of Allah) did not touch anything other than the black stone and the Yemeni corner.
- Avoid pushing or hurting other pilgrims when performing Tawaf.
- Do not perform Tawaf with your back to the Ka’bah .It should be situated at your left.
- Avoid standing for a long time at the black stone line. Your standing will cause congestion and crowdedness.
- Do not restrict yourself to a specific du’a During Sa’i between Safa and Marwa.
- Do not miss the Du’a that the prophrt (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) used to say when he stood on Safa. wa Sallam.
- Avoid saying your intention out loud before performing Sa’i.
- Do not leave parts of your head unshaved.
- Do not take off your Ihram until you have shaved or trimmed
- Do not shave your beard.
- Do not leave Arafah before Maghrib time.
- Avoid facing the mount of Rahmah (mercy) during Arafah day when you make Du’a. You should face the Qiblah.
- When stoning the Jamarat, throw seven pebbles, not more or less.
- After Tawaf Al-Wadaa’ (Farewell Tawaf) you must leave Makkah, or else another Tawaf should be made.
- Do not raise your voice near the Prophet’s grave.
- Do not perform Tawaf around the Prophet’s grave.
- Do not make Du’a to the Prophet. Du’a is to be made to Allah and Allah alone.