Hajj Prohibitions and Expiation Due
|Expiation means atonement. It is a ritual alternative to the act a pilgrim is supposed to do. If he/she made a mistake in Hajj during Ihram then he/she needs expiation, He/she who commits a forbidden act during Ihram, whether by means of forgetfulness, ignorance or under compulsion, he/she is not a sinner and no expiation is required. However, he/she who founds himself/herself obliged to do a forbidden act he/she has to pay a penalty and expiation is needed.|
- Expiation is required for shaving the hair and the nails, covering the head and wearing sewn clothes concerning man. As far as women are concerned, wearing the Niqab, using perfumes and wearing gloves require expiation too. In these cases the expiation is whether slaughtering a sheep and distributing its meat to poor persons of Haram, feeding six poor persons or fasting three days.
- It is prohibited for the pilgrim to use perfume: It is sinful for the man or woman to use perfume when he/she is in a state of ihram.The expiation due for using perfume is either to slaughter a sheep and distribute its meat to the poor people of Mecca, or to distribute three saa’s (of wheat) to six poor people or to fast three days.
- It is prohibited to anoint the head or beard with oil, grease, melted honey wax.The expiation due here is either to slaughter a sheep and distribute its meat to the poor people of Mecca, or to distribute three saa’s (of wheat) to six poor people or to fast three days.
- It is prohibited for the pilgrim to perform sexual intercourse or its inviting actions, while he/she is in a state of ihram. The expiation due on the one who invalidated one’s Hajj by sexual intercourse is to slaughter a camel or a cow or seven sheep or fasting three days. A lustful look is sinful but it does not require expiation.
- It is prohibited for pilgrims to hunt an edible, wild, land animals. The expiation due for killing the edible, wild, land animal is to slaughter a camel, a cow, a sheep, or a goat.
Prohibitions while the pilgrim is in a state of Ihram
Expiation due when commited
grease, or melted honey wax.
Expiation due for these seven prohibitions is by doing one of these three things:
Expiation due for Hunting an edible, wild, land animal is:
Expiation due for Sexual intercourse is:
* To slaughter a camel or a cow or seven sheep or to fast three days.
Click Here to read the Hajj and Umrah latest news